Sunday 24 November 2013

Tulasi Skirt

Adya Dasa recalls:

My wife and myself used to love cooking in the kitchen in Manhattan temple.
One day, Srila Prabhupada was arriving next day, and we were told to make Tulasi skirt. My wife didn't know in those days how to sew; we had received an assignment that we couldn't do!

Regardless, we took that assignment, my wise especially, stayed the whole night making that Tulasi skirt for Srila Prabhupada's Tulasi. We come in the morning with the Tulasi skirt. The devotee looks at it and says,
"Oh! This is a terrible job! How could you do like this? Don't you have any sense!"

My wife started crying and crying. And I was hurt!
I didn't know what to do. But we put the Tulasi skirt on anyway. And we are sitting all broken-hearted, thinking, 'what offense we did!'

So time goes by; we're all waiting for Srila Prabhupada to come.
Finally Srila Prabhupada walks into the room and the very first statement he makes is: "What a beautiful Tulasi skirt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment