Tuesday 17 December 2013

Book Distribution Nectar

Kesava Dasa (joined the Los Angeles Temple in 1969) remembers:

Sometimes Srila Prabhupada would stay up late;  when we would come back from Sankirtan at around 11:30pm, he would still be up. Garga Muni would say: "Srila Prabhupada wants to see you", and I’d run up.

Srila Prabhupada enquiried:

“How many books did you sell? How did it go? Who were the people? And what did you say to sell them?”

I used to always tell the people exactly what I’d been hearing in the classes.
'This is a Bible from India and it will explain to you better about your past lives and goals...'

And Srila Prabhupada was very specific; if you just said something and it was lacking a little bit of substance, nothing escaped him.

My recollections of Srila Prabhupada was that he was such a detailed person. Srila Prabhupada wanted to know what I was telling to people. And he approved: I was listening in the classes in the morning and I was saying the same things. He approved.
But he wanted to know precisely what I was telling people and how it was that I was able to move those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment