Wednesday 11 May 2016

Harinam Inspired Generosity

Today we would like to share with you an inspiring story of a new Hare Krishna devotee. Jason recently donated a van worth 50000 dollars to the Hare Krishna temple for our Food For Life services.

Jason became a devotee by participating in our Hare Krishna Music events.

He narrates, “I was walking past the Harinaam crew - a group of devotees who sing and chant the holy names of the lord in the streets. I didn’t realise the hearing of holy names would change my life eternally. I loved the music and began participating regularly in the street events. The crew members invited me for lunch to the temple restaurant and I was hooked to the delicious vegetarian food!”

“As I began accepting the process of Krishna Consciousness, I found myself becoming more peaceful and joyful. Life became more meaningful and I found answers to many of my spiritual questions. I recently fell sick, and was hospitalized for a while. Many friends from the Hare Krishna community visited me daily and I was touched by their love and affection. Krishna gave me the strength to chant His names even when I was sick.”

“I became convinced of the Hare Krishna way of life and wanted to contribute to all the community work they do. Hence I donated the van. It’s a small contribution to a very large cause.”

We are very grateful for Jason’s gift and will utilize it in expanding our food for life efforts even more!

(Reported by Bhaktin Iswariya)

No comments:

Post a Comment