Thursday 1 May 2014

...then you reject the Guru to become God!

Bhavananda Dasa remembers:

Srila Prabhupada was taking his morning walk in Mayapur; he walked up to the Yoga Pita.

When we came back to go into the temple, through the gate, Srila Prabhupada decided he wanted to go the Ganga. So there was that steep embankment and you go to those fields; it was fairly steep.

I got down to the side of the bank and put my arm up. So Srila Prabhupada was leaning on my arm and I helped him down the bank. Then he pushed my hand away. Like very abruptly! And I was a little shocked!
Srila Prabhupada said, “That is the Mayavadi!...They take your help and then push you away! You take the help of the Guru and then you reject the Guru to become God! That is the Mayavadi!”

It’s simply not even nice to be a Mayavadi is what I understood. They have to concept even of manners... on a transcendental level: take your help and then push you away!

No comments:

Post a Comment