Sunday 2 March 2014

I was being more attracted to that than to Srila Prabhupada

Bhavananda Prabhu recalls:

They used to pick 2 or 3 devotees in Los Angeles who could walk behind Srila Prabhupada during his morning walk.

Usually not very much was said. However he did do one thing when I went along one day.
This was the first time when he had this little house in Beverly Hills. We drove him up to below Sunset; between Santa Monica and Sunset in Beverly Hills.

There were those huge houses and huge cars. Srila Prabhupada would walk along these palm-lined streets. I was walking right behind him, and of course my eyes were attracted to all of these magnificent mansions, gorgeous gardens; I was being more attracted to that than to Srila Prabhupada.

Just as I was thinking that, Srila Prabhupada coughs; he just turns around and he spits…right on the lawn of one of these big houses... with such disdain!

Bhavananda Prabhu laughs heartily as he concludes, ‘So I learned that lesson…'

No comments:

Post a Comment