Sunday 26 January 2014

Can Srimati Radharani's hair be out?

Ambika Dasi remembers:

Srila Prabhupada gave me a few instructions on Deity worship.
I used to dress Radha Rasabihari, and one day I had put a red Ramanuja-type marking inside Krishna's tilaka.
Srila Prabhupada sent a message and said, "You never put anything in Krishna's tilaka; Krishna’s tilaka should always be clear!

Then another time I asked him about spices because he’d restricted spicing. So I asked him, "Can’t we even use mustard seeds?" To which Srila Prabhupada replied, “Just cumin seeds and hing is actually sufficient for the Deities!”

And I also asked him about Radharani’s hair because there was some contention at the time in Bombay that Radharani’s hair shouldn’t be showing; it shouldn’t be out. It should be tied back because She is the most chaste lady. But we often used to put Her hair out.
Therefore I asked Srila Prabhupada, “Can Radharani’s hair be out or does it have to be tied back?”
Srila Prabhupada replied, “Whatever you think looks nice!”

No comments:

Post a Comment